Főoldal » Fórumok » Egyéb témák » My English Room fórum

My English Room (beszélgetős fórum)

❮❮ ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... ❯❯
2006. aug. 16. 12:43
There wasn't a copy in my local library, but I ordered a copy from another one. They'll email me when it arrives. I hope it comes soon, because when I start my new job I won't be travelling on the train any more, so I'll have a lot less time to read. I am good, but not so good that I could read and drive at the same time! :-DDDDD
196. greentee (válaszként erre: 195. - Mociscsaj)
2006. aug. 16. 12:17
I'm glad to make somebody to read my favourite book. :) I hope you'll like it. This woman wrote some excellent novel. :)
195. mociscsaj (válaszként erre: 194. - Greentee)
2006. aug. 16. 11:53

I am just looking in the catalogue of my library on the net, to see whether they have a copy of this book. It sounds like it's worth reading.

My husband was a zoologist and just before I met him he had been in Tanzania for about 14 months. He was the director of a smallish private zoo. He told me lots about his trip and I saw every one of the thousands of photos he took - several times :-D! His experience shaped the rest of his life. As you said yourself, his life was never the same again after his African trip.

194. greentee (válaszként erre: 193. - Mociscsaj)
2006. aug. 16. 11:02
Excatly. Marciano writes: 'It feels like the fourth day of the genezis, when God decided to put animals in the landscape.'
193. mociscsaj (válaszként erre: 192. - Greentee)
2006. aug. 16. 10:47

Thanks greentee, I'll see if whether I can find that book. It would be good if I could read it, that way we could talk about it. :-)

I think I know what you mean. I think seeing Africa, would certainly put a lot of things in our life into perspective for us. It would almost certainly change our priorities in life.

192. greentee (válaszként erre: 191. - Mociscsaj)
2006. aug. 16. 10:42

The novel is: Rules of the wild.

I am also long to see Africa. I am afraid that I would be a different person after such a journey.

I think that continent can give a lot and also can take away a lot.

I hope you understand what I mean. :)

191. mociscsaj (válaszként erre: 190. - Greentee)
2006. aug. 16. 10:22

:-D Usually a "novel by" :-D

Sounds like great reading!

I must say Africa is the continent I would most like to visit. Not South Africa though, it is extremely dangerous. My best friend's family lives in Durban and she was telling me that the violence is indescribable. I'd be happy to go to Kenya and Tanzania, and maybe climb Mount Kilimanjaro! That would be unreal!

2006. aug. 16. 10:13
...a novel OF? Uhh. BY. Or what...? :)))
2006. aug. 16. 10:12

My head is getting better thanks for the 3 painkillers and 2 coffees. :)

I read (third time) a novel of Francesca Marciano which is about Africa. So wild, so free! And reading this book always comes an urge to run away and I start pondering about buying tickets, get on a plan and fly away. Few days and it goes, but it is very pressing right now. :/

2006. aug. 16. 09:24
Hope your headache goes soon! :-(
2006. aug. 16. 09:23

Good morning greentee :-), I thing the companions you mention would certainly suit me as well, I think I would probably like to add a hot-air balloon as well, I would love to learn how to fly one.

It is true, it's not easy to make your way in an unknown country, although I have to add that I have no regrets coming to this country. I love it here and feel very much at home. I was so young when I came here, that despite being married and having a little baby it was still one of the greatest adventures of my life.

The main thing is that you are happy, makes no difference where you are. :-)

2006. aug. 16. 09:13

Hello guys.

I woke up with an axe in my head. I hate my headaches.:(

The english job... Me, a lottery jackpot, an american express gold and a Valiant sailboat would be a very good team anywhere in the world. Who wants to work? :)

Moving to England is a dream. To be honest I'm fine here, I have my own place in the society, I have a quite good job. Why make complication? It is too hard to start a new life in an unknown country. I think you two Mocis and Brizzy would have a lot of thing to tell about this.

185. mociscsaj (válaszként erre: 184. - 549be03e80)
2006. aug. 16. 07:53
Brizzy, congratulations again on receiving your lovely "gold crown"! Well done! :-D
184. 549be03e80 (válaszként erre: 180. - Mociscsaj)
2006. aug. 16. 02:40
And we wish we had a public holiday here in Queensland on Melbourne Day Cup !:)
183. 549be03e80 (válaszként erre: 178. - Greentee)
2006. aug. 16. 02:39
Greentee I like your joke!!!:))))))))
2006. aug. 16. 01:31

Hey greentee, how was your evening yesterday?

Did you do anything fun?

If you were to move to England, what sort of work do you think you might do?

181. greentee (válaszként erre: 179. - Mociscsaj)
2006. aug. 15. 14:18
:))
180. mociscsaj (válaszként erre: 176. - 549be03e80)
2006. aug. 15. 13:56
HI Brizzy! Wish we had a public holiday here in Victoria, but our next one is not until Melbourne Cup day! :-(
179. mociscsaj (válaszként erre: 178. - Greentee)
2006. aug. 15. 13:55

LOL greentee! That was a very-very funny gag!

:-DDDDDDDD

I hope u find some hot guy soon though!

2006. aug. 15. 12:55

Every nation has it's local characteristic.

An english guy asked my friend once: 'Are you from Russia?'

Answer: 'Nope, just tired...'

:)

2006. aug. 15. 11:16
Sorry every one
2006. aug. 15. 11:16

Hi everyine,

Today I had a busy day,tomorrow ekka day(public holiday), so we had to do the shopping, and guess what? In the woolie on the billboard, tomarrow is open!!:(

Anyway, I'm glad it's over, although I can't complain, because in the Woolly wasn't crowd at all.

Same true for the english girls,only good looking girl is HungarianLOL.

2006. aug. 15. 10:42

LOL I know what you mean! English guys are way too "english" for the temperamental hungarian woman!

Although, having said that my darling is English, was born near Manchester but came to Aus at the age of 5yrs, so he is really Aussie!

His dress sense is definitely English though! LOL

There are heaps of Aussies in England, maybe you need to look for an Aussie guy! :-)))))))

2006. aug. 15. 09:56

We'll have a lot of fun, that's for sure.

I am really thinking about moving to West-Sussex. Sea, wind, lovely weather, horizontal rain, restaurants with names like 'George and the dragon's' or The Giant Shrimp :). The only problem is, that most of the english men are a bit... khmm... they are so english. The only good-looking guy who I met there is hungarian. :)

173. mociscsaj (válaszként erre: 172. - Greentee)
2006. aug. 15. 09:33

greentee it is not too much to ask at all! There are lots of days like that in Melbourne, despite the weather being very changeable! In any case, I love it here.

Your weekend and the next few days sound like lots of fun! Hope you have a great time.

2006. aug. 15. 09:21

Well, I think I don't like Melbourne. :)) I want a country to live with a constant 22-25 degree, sunshine, light wind and smell of the sea nearby. That's all, is it so special??? Ehh. :)

My friend from London comes on Friday. She has a few official things to fix, then probably we'll spend a few days by the Balaton.

2006. aug. 15. 08:57

Hey greentee, the weather in HU sounds like the usual weather in Melbourne. LOL

At the moment it is quite nice, sunny and mild, probably about 16 C, which is not bad for winter.

Are you going away somewhere next week? Do you get to have a holiday in your week off?

2006. aug. 15. 08:45

Hi. No, actually I am at work. Yuk. But only til Thursday then a free week comes, hurray!!!!

What is the weather like Down Under, Mocis? I hate this ... weather here in HU. No summer, no spring, no autumn, no winter, I do not know what season is this. I checked the calendar after getting up to see it IS August!

People wear flip-flops and leather jacket. :)

2006. aug. 15. 08:39

Hi guys! Is everyone on holidays?

I sincerely hope you are, and you are all having a blast! :-D

*HUGS*

2006. aug. 14. 08:02

Hey Brizzy! Sounds like your studies are very flexible that's excellent. I am thinking about doing a graduate diploma in psych next year and have been looking at the off-campus courses. Interesting concept, but I think even with that I would have to adhere to normal semester times.

The one I am interested in is unfortunately at the Central Queensland University, so I would to go to Rockhampton twice during the year for about 5 days each just for practical classes. Rockhampton is ugly! :-D

❮❮ ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... ❯❯

További ajánlott fórumok:

Minden jog fenntartva © 2005-2024, www.hoxa.hu
Kapcsolat, impresszum | Felhasználói szabályzat | Jogi nyilatkozat | Adatvédelem | Cookie beállítások | Facebook