Főoldal » Fórumok » Egyéb témák » My English Room fórum

My English Room (beszélgetős fórum)

2006. júl. 6. 00:43

Kisge, I am really enjoying chatting with you in English as well! You are absolutely right, being totally immersed in a language is the best and easiest way to develop being intuitive about it.

I also have the advantage, that although my son speaks fluent Hungarian, we choose to speak in English because funnily enough, it comes a lot more easily. Although he is in Japan at them moment, teaching English (hahaha), my partner is also an Aussie, I work with people who only speak English turn on the tv or radio and there is only English pouring out...you just absorb the language this way. One day you just realise that you also think in English; all your "internal" dialogue is in English such as "discussing with yourself" what you will be eating for dinner or planning in your head what you are going to do on the weekend.

I must admit though, initially I did the above deliberately. I would sit on the bus or in the car and make myself think about those things in English. It really helps! Think about how much time you save if you don't have to think something in one language, than translate it in your head and than make it all come out of your mouth. You just think and talk! :-D

Why don't you try it at work. It will be hard initially but you will get better and better at it, I promise!

16. kisgé
2006. júl. 5. 13:23

Oh, really? :))) I took a medium level business English exam on January but I forget the tenses now.:))) So I going to open my grammar book. But You are intuitive in English because You use it every day when I just forget it every day!:))

Learning English in Hungary (or other county) is more difficult than in English language area (like USA, UK) because the language lives there. In my company (it is a big telecommunication Norvegian mobile company)official language the English but we don't use it perfect because we can't. We always use passive voice in reports and that's it. :))

I really enjoy writting english!:)))

15. mociscsaj (válaszként erre: 13. - Kisgé)
2006. júl. 5. 12:40

Kisge, now you are really streching my poor old brain. I think the tenses are as you first said: simple past and present continuous. I really don't know the names, I just use them intuitively.

I just kind of know what sounds right for the particular situation and what doesn't.

I am going to have to get some grammar book out and learn the names of the tenses.

Knowing a language that is spoken by lots of people all around the world is a liberating experience, like you said.

I am absolutely amazed at how many languages Hungarian people speak! Often people from English speaking backgrounds are really lazy when it comes to learning languages, they probably figure, most other people are learning English to save them the effort! :-D

14. kisgé (válaszként erre: 12. - 549be03e80)
2006. júl. 5. 09:45
Oh, hello Brizzy, nice to meet you!:)))
13. kisgé (válaszként erre: 11. - Mociscsaj)
2006. júl. 5. 09:44

Hello!:)

I like English language because I think it's a very beautiful and when I was abroad I understood different people and countries. This is so free feeling.:))

So, if I want to say it: "the songs I learned the words to while in high school, are still in my head". Is this simple past and present continuous?? I was thinking about present perfect continuous and past perfect continues tenses...:)))

However, when I spoke an American guy about Present perfect tense he said they don't use it every time just in business. :))

12. 549be03e80 (válaszként erre: 9. - Mociscsaj)
2006. júl. 5. 07:37

thanx this is nice of you:) yes they aren't generous at all! remebers,american got 1 million, aussie got $200,000 big difference isn't?

still better then nothing;)

And well,well well, welcome kisge to this forum too:)

2006. júl. 5. 01:31

Hey kisge, welcome to the forum!

We won't worry about mistakes, unless someone asks a concrete question, in which case we'll put our heads together and we'll try to come up with the answer for them.

Otherwise, lets just chat.

I had learnt English in high school before I left Budapest, it was of very little help to me once I actually needed the language to survive in the real world :-), however the songs I learned the words to while in high school, are still in my head. I still know almost all the words to [{[{[A HREF=" [link] TARGET="_blank"]}]}]Pink[{[{[/A]}]}] Floyd's album The Wall, not to mention lots of others. Now I am really showing my age! :-D

10. kisgé (válaszként erre: 4. - Mociscsaj)
2006. júl. 4. 13:14

Hello!

When I was a child :) I learned a lot of word with this idea. We translated lyrics in the English lessons and the "November rain" song is in my head. (I can' t use the present perfest countinous!!!:) )

This topic is a very cool idea because I don' use English language in my every day life...:(

I hope, ther aren't lot of mistake!:))

2006. júl. 4. 12:06
Cool! That's fantastic!Gees they are scrooges though to only give you a two week membership!Not very generous. You deserve at least a free year with all the weight you have already lost!I'll vote for you if you get in! :-)
2006. júl. 4. 07:21
NO!:) BUt! Last time I've won 2 weeks membership to "The Fitness First" gym,and I also applied for the "Australian Biggest Loser II":)
7. mociscsaj (válaszként erre: 6. - 549be03e80)
2006. júl. 4. 05:50

Ok Brizzy, I'll have a look if I can, although I must admit I haven't been watching the series.

Are you on the show?

2006. júl. 4. 02:39

Ok mocis,

on this wednesday at 7,or 7:30PM will be the "BIggest LOser" special show on Channel 10, about 2 hour long,if you are interested:)(Because I am!)

2006. júl. 3. 10:08
Bring your own ideas to share with others!
2006. júl. 3. 10:08

Tip of the day:

One of the most fun ways of developing your vocabulary is to get the lyrics of songs you like and sing along with the song. If there is something you really don't understand, you can look it up in the dictionary. While you are singing you also learn the pronounciation of the word, while you are reading, you memorise the spelling! Perfect!

It is possible to find song lyrics on the Internet for example www.lyrics.com.

2006. júl. 3. 09:50
Thanks Brizzy!:)
2006. júl. 3. 09:10
As your fellow aussie,I support your idea!:)
2006. júl. 3. 04:02

It seems that a lot of us here speak English.

Come and talk about anything and everything, as long as it's in English! It will be a opportunity to practice and we might even be of assistance to each other :-D

További ajánlott fórumok:

Minden jog fenntartva © 2005-2024, www.hoxa.hu
Kapcsolat, impresszum | Felhasználói szabályzat | Jogi nyilatkozat | Adatvédelem | Cookie beállítások | Facebook