Főoldal » Fórumok » Hobbi & Otthon fórumok » Let's talk in English! fórum

Let's talk in English! (beszélgetős fórum)

2009. nov. 14. 19:06

Good evening ro everybody!

Let's talk in english but what about? Have somebody an idea?

121. correct
2009. nov. 14. 14:59
?????????
2009. máj. 9. 12:10
love you andy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!4
119. Khatif
2009. máj. 9. 12:09
Hello
2009. máj. 9. 12:00
Anybody else?
117. dolores
2009. ápr. 24. 14:32
WhiteEagle, you rock! :)
116. b38fef89a3 (válaszként erre: 111. - 98a882c496)
2009. ápr. 23. 23:13

:-)))) Poor blonde women :-))))

A few more:

"Real story that happened to one of my friends in a LA (Los Angeles) shop. Actual conversation between my friend and the cashier:

- Wow, how lucky you are, moving to Europe! I LOVE Europe! Where are you moving exactly?

- I am moving to London.

- Wow, good for you! And do you speak their language already?

- What do you mean?

- You know, you are moving to London, do you speak their language?"

... no comment ... :-)))

[link]

(first look up "wank" in the dictionary... :-))))

[link]

This is SOOOO hilarious :-))))

And the best of all... Russel Peters!!! :-)))

(DVD) Russell Peters Comedy Now - part 1-5:

[link]

[link]

[link]

[link]

[link]

2009. ápr. 23. 22:05

And a few of my very favourite quotes:

“Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.” (Buddha)

"It is better to travel well than to arrive." (Buddha)

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." (Abraham Lincoln)

“The beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not understand.” (Frank Herbert)

“Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken.” (Frank Herbert)

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” (Friedrich Nietzsche)

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” (Albert Einstein)

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." (Albert Einstein)

“CYNIC, n. A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be." (Ambrose Bierce)

“We are each of us in this world an angel with only one wing. In order to fly we must embrace each other.” (unknown)

2009. ápr. 23. 22:03

My favourite quotes from the Outer Limits:

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts how will humankind ever survive?"

"There is no sound, no voice, no cry in all the world that can be heard until someone listens."

"People have long feared invasion by forces from other worlds. If that horror comes to pass our leaders will stand as our first line of defense unless, of course, our leaders themselves are the invaders."

"What is freedom but the ability to make choices? Between courage and cowardice, duty and love, or even heaven and hell. The nature of the choices we make define us as human beings. We choose the world we inhabit."

"Errant computers can be reprogrammed, imperfect machines redesigned... but human beings are another matter."

"Perhaps we should ask ourselves, will the next leap of science be a step into the future? Or a plunge into the abyss?"

"They say seeing is believing. But the true question is what do you believe you’ve seen?"

"Every life is a destination unknown, a journey of tragedies and triumphs that ultimately allows us to discover not only our world, but more importantly, ourselves."

"Along with futures we dare not imagine, come choices we dare not make."

"Mankind will be forever doomed to destruction, if we continue to ask for the truth but then refuse to listen."

"Even in the darkest corners of despair there are glimmers of light we call truth. But what if it is a light to which the rest of the world is blind?"

"In the struggle between life and death, sometimes survival is not the only way to win."

"Human history is marked by our desire to expand our boundaries. But what happens when our reach exceeds our grasp?"

"Sometimes, the best way to hide the truth is to keep it in plain sight."

"As long as an enemy is judged solely by his appearance, his victory is assured."

"Have hope. Not for us — but for Earth."

2009. ápr. 23. 22:00
I'm not sure if these are of any use to anybody but who knows... :-)
2009. ápr. 23. 21:59

A few interesting sample sentences (quotes from books, movies, media/news, and also real-life sentences collected by me:

Sorry it has taken me so long to return this note to you.

Seen throughout the streets in Belgium, this is an advert for the national network provider.

Such a creation has no pertinence to reality.

Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.

Who were you working with on this?

Users have the right to a regular eye and eyesight test, if they so wish.

The company will meet the cost of an eyesight test.

The teachers and the nureses got pay rises of two and seven per cent respectively.

It has been a while since I have been here.

Mire odaérek, már befejezik a feladatot.

By the time I get there, they will have finished the task.

Mire odaérnék, már befejeznék a feladatot.

By the time I would get there, they would already have finished the task.

Úgyis megcsinálja valaki.

There is still somebody to do it.

Somebody will do it anyway.

I wish I had such a good job when I get 40. (jövő, időhatározóval)

I wish I had a job like you have by the time I am forty. (jövő, időhatározóval)

I hope I will have your job by the time I am forty. (jövő, időhatározóval)

I wish the bus would come. (jövő, would-dal)

Úgyse csinálja meg senki.

Noone else will/would do it.

It should have been done a long time ago.

I should have done that a long time ago.

Since I have been working at my new workplace, I haven’t worked much at home.

John will arrive after I have arrived.

We will be using the present system after they have installed the new one in two weeks time.

I found what I wanted right off the bat

Azonnal megtaláltam, amit akartam. <vagy> Megtaláltam, amit mindig is akartam.

He got the job, but at a cost.

Megkapta a munkát, de megvolt az ára.

Serious crime is once again on the rise.

The crows rose in alarm at the sound of the shotgun.

I am glad that you found this site and are interested in looking at it.

Guess when there are the most people in the mall.

Tippelj mikor vannak a legtöbben a bevásárlóközpontban!

suggestion that: They rejected a suggestion that share options should be offered to junior employees.

suggestion for/about: He had some good suggestions for making improvements in our service.

make/offer a suggestion: Could I make a few suggestions about the way your essay is structured?

open to suggestions: We have a few ideas for the show, but we're open to suggestions.

at someone's suggestion: It was at Larry's suggestion that I attended the meeting.

having said that (spoken): used for adding an opinion that seems to be the opposite of what you have just said, although you think both are true:

It's expensive. Having said that, I must admit that it is very well made.

Design is a very personal thing, and when someone’s saying your work isn’t up to scratch, you fell as though they’re saying you’re not up to scratch.

the door had been pulled half closed

had not been gone for long before it rained hard

nem sokkal azt követően, hogy elment, erőset esni kezdett

they were in fact being used that day in the fields

aznap tényleg használták őket a mezőn

The Atreides are known to start late getting their growth.

Az Atreidesek köztudottan későn indulnak növésnek.

He demanded that I should give him his money back. (that-os mellékmondatban...)

Követelte, hogy adjam vissza a pénzét. (... gyakran should áll a magyar felszólító mód helyett)

It’s odd that someone should say that in front of the boss. (látszólagos felszólítómód)

Furcsa, hogy valaki ilyet mondjon a főnök előtt. (látszólagos felszólítómód)

If you were my wife you would not have to work.

He said if she were his wife she would not have to work.

(2nd/3rd conditional never changes in reported speech)

The car travelled so gently as if it were running on air cushions.

The car travelled so gently as if it had been running on air cushions.

This is the first day I’ve had off for months.

My dad used to speak German to us sometimes and in the morning he'd come to the bedroom I shared with my brother, and he'd yell "aus! aus, kinder!" to get us out of bed and off to school.

I am writing with regard to...

I am writing with reference in connection with...

I am writing to express my concern/dissatisfaction about...

I would like to draw your attention to...

I wonder if you would kind enought to...

Please accept my apologies for ...ing

There is little evidence to support the …

I had my surgery made by them.

Velük csináltattam a műtétemet.

We should have already left by now.

We were supposed to be on our way by now.

I thought we would be on our way by now.

I thought we have been on our way by now.

Whe should have been on our way by now!

We could have been on our way!

We could have already left!

If everything turns wrong, I can still clean houses.

Which one of you is studying Hungarian?

Will you bring the info for the Johnson account? / If I know the details by then, yes.

I will have to write a grammar book just so you will be happy!

I am writing as a follow up to our interview.

You haven’t finished yet.

If you haven’t already seen this movie, you should see it as soon as possible.

I guess you’re just about fed up with my job news.

I got zero answers.

It looks likely to rain.

The regiment arrived in Meryton.

I have a great liking for Jane.

When she left Miss Bingley at once began to criticize her.

Let’s have a game of chess, shall we? („shall we” a „let’s” kérdő formája)

Godness! You ought to have been flying to Miami for two hours, Wilfrid!

Someone would’ve had to meet him at the airport if he had arrived by air.

Any opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily those of NPIA.

It is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain privileged information.

Accordingly, the copying, dissemination or distribution of this message to any other person may constitute a breach of Civil or Criminal Law.

I've typed up notes from the meeting on the data collection procudure we had last week.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your assistance during the period of time we have worked together.

Please note that from 01-11-08 responsibility for the completion and return of the data will no longer sit with the Incident Registrar.

I just wanted to let you know that there's no need to turn up at the eception on Monday morning until just before 8.30am.

It takes into acount that many, and certainly most, Forces already have considerable organisational assets.

He will endeavour in just 45 minutes or so to shine a small spotlight of illumination upon the future of policing and how it will impact upon the NPIA - and maybe even your own area of work.

After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. The client has set out some very strict requirements for this role and on comparison, I feel that that your current level of experience / industry sector experience is not as close a match as that of other candidates short-listed for this vacancy.

Unfortunately on this occasion we feel your expertise and skills are not as near to their requirements as they would like and therefore we will not be processing your application further.

It is with regret that I have to advise that you have not been successful on this occasion.

That’s what slowed down the bullet and stopped it from penetrating the wood which it easily would have done had it been travelling at its normal rate of speed.

She's the type of person who just says what's on her mind.

It was desirable to make sure the Japanese be the ones to do this so that there should remain no doubt as to who were the aggressors.

Unless you instruct us to the contrary, you authorize us to arrange the policy on your behalf.

Is your wife within earshot?

This need not have happened.

My proposal met with the usual refrain that they didn’t have the money.

Today is my first day with the NPIA and I'm dropping you a quick email to introduce myself and to provide you with my contact details. I'm currently going through the 'discovery stage' and with that I embark upon a steep learning curve. I relish the opportunity to get my teeth stuck into some work so don't hesitate contact me if you require support. Over the coming weeks I will try to meet with as many members of the team as possible, but should you pass my desk - which is next to Gurpreet's – please do introduce yourself.

I look forward to meeting with you over the coming weeks and to supporting you with your ongoing communications needs.

Attila has been extremely busy attempting to sort out the students access problems. I will be in a position again where it will be unfair to test students on arrival on the course and even accept them without them having completed the online assessment. I was under the impression we had sorted out the IT problems that caused difficulties for the pilot. The delegates’ responses have been very negative and effect the course credibility, rightly, which I have to build back up. I take immense pride in this course and it saddens me that I have to do this. The pilot feedback was critical of access to the e learning and I am sitting here fretting over the same issues. Can someone provide me with some reassurance as to what is being done to ensure this does not happen again please and to sort out the current students.

Attila currently has a 2nd stand alone laptop. I would request that he be permitted to retain this for the next 3 months at least. This laptop is primarily being used to test and evaluate a software package which Attila is using to analyse and examine the large volume of demand and incident related data (more than 14,000,000 items annually) as well as providing some additional resilience for Attila is managing this large volume of data.

He advised that although he would endeavour to do the online assessment later (once the e-assessment is confirmed to work correctly), he did not think it was likely that he would have had the time before Monday to do the online assessment. He asked me if he would still be allowed to attend the in-person course, without having the e-assesment done. I think he should be as this is not his fault - he tried to do his best but system errors had prevented him to do the e-assessment -, but of course the decision is yours.

It is now confirmed that the e-assessment module does not work correctly. The owner of the course, x. y., has decided that, due to the unsolved IT issues, delegates will not have to do the assessment part of the e-learning. Please note, that although completion of the e-assessment module is no longer a prerequisite to attending the in-person course, you will still need to work through the e-course. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Can you please advise how we will know when the student has completed and passed at the right percentage mark their e-learning?

I think what Attila is asking is if a course starts in March and ends in April does the force pay last years price or the new price?

Following the resignation today of Dawn, would you please direct all future requests to me on the contact details shown below.

We would like to thank you for agreeing to attend the above Firearms Commanders' Course.

Thank you also for also letting me know that no costs are being incurred for this transfer.

I've moved to a new job so no longer look after the Gold Firearms course.

You have now been added to the Gold Firearms e-learning audience.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require further information.

We have avilability on both dates.

I have just spoken with your secretary.

I have enclosed a copy of the course timetable for your information. Please note that some days may finish later than 1700 hrs. Also enclosed in this pack, for information only, is the assessment sheet that we will be using to assess you at the end of the course.

I am uncertain about the accomodation requirements for the last four persons (as I was told only when they would be on site, nothing about the nights). Please confirm which nights they need accomodation.

We realise that you are busy in your day to day work but can it be stressed the importance of ensuring all abstractions during the week are kept to a minimum. If you are on call or have meetings planned that can be rearranged, please do so. The dynamics of the course requires each candidate's participation throughout the week and we cannot assess the material with constant disruptions.

Successful completion of the course will result in your being 'accredited' as an occupationally competent Gold Commander.

Further to our conversation this morning please can you transfer Mr X Z to the Gold Firearms course to be held 08 June- 12 June 2009 at Wyboston.

Please could you furnish me with details of all the proposed courses for this year 2009/10 so that if necessary I can include them within Andy's budget.

Thanks Irene for pointing this out, but my response remains the same insofar that Andy Kay/Helen Schofield would need to decide any prices for overlapping financial year courses.

He has gone through producing a report for you with me, he has done it as well, and we both have got the same result in that none of the students who have been added to the Gold Commander's Audience have attempted the e-learning as yet, so therefore have not completed it.

I apologise if this comes as a surprise, Mr President.

Let's skip the sound bites and cut to the chase.

As it happens, I am the only one who counts.

Am I breaking into a nervous sweat?

All questions will be resolved to the satisfaction of everyone here.

You don't call me by my first name.

He was arrested on the charge of treason.

I agree - on one condition.

We have just talked on the phone.

The weather is not very nice here either.

Do you think it would cause any problem if I sent out a circular to ...?

Our stakeholders have high expectations of us.

We look forward to seeing you on 1st July.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Vennek egy monitort [i.e. most, azonnal, meg ma] ha holnap nem kellene majd szaz fontot koltenem a kocsira.

I'd buy a new monitor right away if I didn't have to spend one hundred quid on the car tomorrow.

Mar vettem volna egy monitort [i.e. mar itt lenne], ha nem tudtam volna, hogy masnap vennem kell majd egy uj monitort.

I would have bought a monitor already, had I not known that I was to buy/would have to buy a new monitor the next day.

It's been a pleasure working with you and I hope there will be occasions in the future when we can do so again.

Attila, I hope this e mail finds you in good health.

I'm wishing you all the best on your retirement!

111. 98a882c496 (válaszként erre: 98. - B38fef89a3)
2009. ápr. 23. 21:49

:)) yeah, you made me smile :) it's great. Now is my turn:

An old maid wanted to travel by bus to the pet cemetery with the remains of her cat. As she boarded the bus, she whispered to the driver: "I have a dead pussy."

The driver pointed to the woman in the seat behind him and said: "Sit with my wife. You two have a lot in common."

I knew a blonde that was so stupid that.......

* she called me to get my phone number.

* she spent 20 minutes looking at the orange juice box because it said "concentrate."

* she put lipstick on her forehead because she wanted to make up her mind.

*she tried to put M&M's in alphabetical order.

*she sent me a fax with a stamp on it.

*she tried to drown a fish.

*she thought a quarterback was a refund.

*she got locked in a grocery store and starved to death.

*she tripped over a cordless phone.

*she took a ruler to bed to see how long she slept.

*she asked for a price check at the Dollar Store.

*she studied for a blood test.

*when she heard that 90% of all crimes occur around the home, she moved.

*when she missed the 44 bus, she took the 22 bus twice instead.

*when she took you to the airport and saw a sign that said "Airport Left" she turned around and went home

Bob was in trouble. He forgot his wedding anniversary. His wife was

really pissed.

She told him "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the

driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds AND IT BETTER BE THERE !!"

The next morning he got up early and left for work. When his wife woke

up, she looked out the window and sure enough there was a box

gift-wrapped in the middle of the driveway.

Confused, the wife put on her robe and ran out to the driveway, brought

the box back in the house.

She opened it and found a brand new bathroom scale.

Bob has been missing since Friday.

2009. ápr. 23. 21:41

Okay, to give a boost to the topic I paste a few useful things in here:

-------------------

Use of the comma

Use a comma if the if clause is at the beginning of the sentence. Example: If I go to London, I will visit the Tower.

Don’t use a comma if the if clause is at the end of the sentence. Example: I will visit the Tower if I go to London.

-------------------

Bárcsak

Reális kívánság, jövő idő (would / could / were+verb-ing):

If only you would shut up.

I wish you would shut up.

She wishes she could study Spanish in Costa Rica next summer.

I wish my friend were coming to visit me next summer.

Irreális kívánság, jelen idő (were / could / simple past):

If only I were younger.

I wish I were younger.

She wishes she could speak Japanese.

I wish I knew him.

Irreális kívánság, múlt idő (past perfect / could have + 3rd form):

If only I had married him.

I wish I had married him.

She wishes she had been able to speak Japanese.

-------------------

Conditionals

Zero conditional: Általános igazságokhoz.

If + egyszerű jelen / Egyszerű jelen.

If you heat water, it boils.

1st conditional: Ha így történik, így teszek. Ha megteszed, megteszem.

If + egyszerű jelen / Egyszerű jövő

If I see him, I will tell him everything.

2nd conditional: Ha így történne, így tennék. Ha megtennéd, megtenném.

If + egyszerű múlt / Would

If I saw him, I would tell him everything.

3rd conditional: Ha így történt volna, így tettem volna. Ha megtetted volna, megtettem volna.

If + had + harmadik igealak / Would have + harmadik igealak

If I had seen him, I would have told him everything.

Ha nagyon bizonytalanak vagyunk, használjunk should-ot vagy happen-t:

If I should see him, I will tell him everything.

If I happen to see him, I will tell him everything.

“ha nem lett volna” típusú mondatok:

If it weren't for Joe, we wouldn't be sitting here now.

“mi van ha” típusú mondatok:

What if we won the race?

109. b38fef89a3 (válaszként erre: 104. - PNóri)
2009. ápr. 23. 21:35
Working until late each day :-( I made 15 hours of overtime in just ten days...
108. 0b409e1a00 (válaszként erre: 107. - Sportbelso)
2009. ápr. 23. 16:29
:D yes! I chosed the italian too. I think (or hope) that isn't very difficult.
107. sportbelso (válaszként erre: 106. - 0b409e1a00)
2009. ápr. 23. 16:22

hi. I think its depend on the other language you wanna learn. For example, if you are to learn german, there could be problems, because its both of them are anglo-saxon languages and they're quite similar.

Personally, I've studied english and italian in the same time and I didnt experienced too much problem about mixing the two. (different grammer structure and spelling). I hope I could help.

106. 0b409e1a00 (válaszként erre: 105. - 0b409e1a00)
2009. ápr. 23. 16:15
And if I don't speak well can I try to learn an other language too? (The english is 'have to' for me and I afraid to mix with an other. But I think I realy going to be enjoy the other... :/)
2009. ápr. 23. 16:10
Hi, I couldn't come but sorry I don't read back... but I'd like ask... My english is need much more practice. What are you think or how did you? I must go to the 50. course or I must/can study aline at home?
104. PNóri
2009. ápr. 22. 23:43
I thought my topic was interesting and maybe useful. It seems I'm wrong. Where is everybody?
103. PNóri
2009. ápr. 21. 09:47
Good morning. Where are you?
102. PNóri
2009. ápr. 20. 20:14
Sorry but, we don't want any advertisements. Please delete it.
101. dolores
2009. ápr. 20. 16:35

Old ones:

Why doesn't a bike stand by its self?

Because it's too/two tired.

:)

What does it mean: sawdust in the corner?

Pinocchio threw up. :)

100. PNóri
2009. ápr. 20. 10:01
snakes I can't write. I should go back to school. :-) (Oh no, I'm in the school indeed.) This is the first day after the spring holiday.
99. PNóri
2009. ápr. 20. 09:58

:-)

Two sankes are talking:

-Are we poisonous?

-No! Why are you asking?

-Because I bit my tongue.

98. b38fef89a3 (válaszként erre: 88. - 98a882c496)
2009. ápr. 19. 19:17

Two great jokes :-) Old ones though...

----------

A panda enters a restaurant and orders lunch. He eats the food, then drags a gun, shoots the waiter dead and leaves. The barkeeper runs after him.

- Hey! You shot my waiter, and you haven't paid for your lunch!

- Sure, I am a panda.

- So what if you're a panda?

- Well, go home, take a look in the Webster's, and read what it says about the panda.

The barkeeper runs home, opens the dictionary, and reads:

"Panda. A mammal, resident in Chinese forests. Eats shoots and leaves"

----------

Goerge W Bush had something wrong with his brain so he went to see a doctor.

After the medical examination, the doctor told him: "Your brain has two parts: one is left, and another is right. The problem is: Your left brain has nothing right. Your right brain has nothing left."

97. petka (válaszként erre: 94. - B38fef89a3)
2009. ápr. 19. 19:06
Yes I understand that you are talking about.
96. b38fef89a3 (válaszként erre: 93. - Petka)
2009. ápr. 19. 19:06
Here in the UK it's the opposite. Here all motorists stop at pedestrian crossings - even if you don't want to cross the road :-))
95. b38fef89a3 (válaszként erre: 94. - B38fef89a3)
2009. ápr. 19. 19:05
By the way the English language is quite different in the United States. Back in 1998 I spent 3.5 months in Massachusets. After a few weeks I could understand literally everybody, from the 3-year-old babies to the 80 years old afro-american old grandmas...
94. b38fef89a3 (válaszként erre: 91. - Petka)
2009. ápr. 19. 19:02
I guess that's the same everywhere. There are good and "less good" places. I live in the UK. The highly educated and/or older Britons are very polite and speak very nice (you can easily understand each of their words). But, the youngs and/or less educated people very often impolite and they speak very unarticulated, fast and in slangs - sometimes I can't understand their speech at all, just a few isolated words! (and I have been living in this country for 2.5 years...).
93. petka (válaszként erre: 92. - B38fef89a3)
2009. ápr. 19. 19:00
In Spain at the zebra crossing you are not able to across because they don't stop.

További ajánlott fórumok:

Minden jog fenntartva © 2005-2024, www.hoxa.hu
Kapcsolat, impresszum | Felhasználói szabályzat | Jogi nyilatkozat | Adatvédelem | Cookie beállítások | Facebook